New York City-based company acKnowledge Digital Marketing is seeking an SEO Manager to join our fast-growing agency.
This client-facing role primarily includes creating and presenting SEO recommendations to wide-ranging client teams from business and marketing manager to engineers, articulating SEO tactics and overall strategy, managing client relationships and ensuring client goals are consistently surpassed.
Who we are
Founded in 2012, acKnowledge Digital Marketing (AKDM) is a New York City-based Digital Marketing agency that helps businesses grow and brands evolve with a strategy-first approach to digital. We provide value to our customers through elite service, measured intelligence, and accountable strategy & execution. The services we provide span across each touchpoint in the digital marketing ecosystem. No two strategies are the same. We develop marketing plans and research that are as unique as a signature and align properly with a brand’s DNA.
AKDM’s extensive offering spans SEO, Digital Strategy, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile Marketing, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling.
Our roster includes a great mix of ecommerce, publishing/content and entertainment brands such as: Vice, A+E Networks, GIPHY, Rolling Stone, Asurion, Frederick’s of Hollywood and many more.
- Develop and execute SEO strategies for financial services client tailored to industry best practices and client objectives
- Eloquently articulate complex strategy and tactics in easy-to-understand terms
- Conduct phone call/screen-shared presentations of SEO deliverables for Client team members, including marketing, engineering, design, editorial and other key stakeholders
- Communicate specific technical details to clients’ advanced engineering personnel
- Must be capable of ad-hoc problem solving on the fly
- Conduct critical audience and search behavior research to directly influence and prioritize client editorial strategy
- Create client presentations featuring SEO best practices for redesigns and campaign strategies as related to client objectives while adhering to internal schedules and deadlines
- Execute content audits of client websites to identify key areas of success based on client business objectives and user needs to inform content creation
- Perform technical site audits, competitive/keyword research and content analysis on an on-going basis
- Produce monthly reports on organic search performance for client KPIs
- Create ad-hoc reports analyzing site issues or trends
- Play an integral role in communicating with internal account stakeholders on a regular basis
- Stay up to date with search marketing trends and news which impact client verticals to ensure ongoing optimization is in-line with defined strategies
- Amazing communication skills, both written and verbal
- Content or publishing background preferred. Experience thinking about creative approaches to stories and stories focusing on the reader’s interests
- Ability to place yourself in various audience mindsets to uncover different interests to help build editorial strategy
- Ability to use SEO-relevant data to transform data sets into actionable insights and develop tactical next steps to drive organic traffic and conversions for clients
- Experience using a variety of SEO tools including BrightEdge, Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Moz tools, URL Profiler, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of website technologies (AngularJS, React, HTML5) a plus
- Exceptional Keynote/PowerPoint Skills – ability to articulate strategy via contextual and visual slides
- Knowledge of advanced Excel tools including pivot tables, vlookup formulas, tables & graphs a plus
- 4-Year College degree (Marketing, Writing or Business preferred)
- 4+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience is required
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience managing client relationships and leading client calls
- Creative thinker, assertive problem solver and a solid collaborator
- Proficient with website reporting analytics tools or a willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of SEO keyword research and analysis a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Avid reader of SEO and other digital marketing blogs
What We Provide
- 100% paid health & dental insurance for individual care
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunity
- 401k w/ employer match
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries.