Senior SEO Strategist
New York City-based company acKnowledge Digital Marketing is seeking a mid-level SEO Strategist to join our fast-growing digital marketing agency.
Do you have a creative mindset you’d like to see appreciated and get paid for it? We’re looking for a unique individual to join our team as a full-time Search Engine Optimization strategist to help our clients improve their sites’ rank & visibility in search engines based on the overall objectives of the site.
Who we are
Founded in 2012, acKnowledge Digital Marketing (AKDM) is a New York City-based Digital Marketing agency that helps traditional and premium brands and businesses who are in need of digital marketing expertise but do not have the resources to manage an effective marketing campaign. We help companies develop customized strategies and execute strategic plans targeting their key performance indicators for success.
AKDM’s service offerings span SEO, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling.
Our roster includes a great mix of well-known brands and innovative startups such as: VICE, A&E Networks, Lifetime TV, HISTORY Channel, Tablet Hotels, GIPHY, Opening Ceremony, Newsday, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Veronica Beard, Wusthof, RELATED and many more.
- Develop and execute SEO strategies for multiple clients tailored to industry best practices and client objectives
- Conduct critical audience and search behavior research to directly influence and prioritize client editorial strategy
- Create client presentations featuring SEO best practices for redesigns and campaign strategies as related to client objectives while adhering to internal schedules and deadlines
- Conduct regular content audits of client websites to identify key areas of success based on client business objectives and user needs to inform content creation
- Perform technical site audits, competitive/keyword research and content analysis on an on-going basis
- Prepare and produce monthly reports on organic search performance for client KPIs
- Assist with preparation of ad-hoc reports analyzing site issues or trends
- Play an integral role in communicating with internal account stakeholders on a regular basis
- Content or publishing background preferred. Experience thinking about creative approaches to stories and stories focusing on the reader’s interests
- Ability to place yourself in various audience mindsets to uncover different interests to help build editorial strategy
- Ability to use SEO-relevant data to transform data sets into actionable insights and develop tactical next steps to drive organic traffic and conversions for clients
- Experience using a variety of SEO tools including Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Moz tools, URL Profiler, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Experience using Google Analytics or a similar reporting platform
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of website technologies (AngularJS, React, HTML5) and CMS environments (WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Magento) a plus
- Exceptional Keynote/PowerPoint Skills, use of G docs – ability to articulate strategy via contextual and visual slides
- Knowledge of advanced Excel tools including pivot tables, vlookup formulas, tables & graphs a plus
- 4-Year College degree (Marketing, Writing or Business preferred)
- 2+ years of Internet Marketing and/or Search Engine Optimization experience is required
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Creative thinker, assertive problem solver and a solid collaborator
- Proficient with website reporting analytics tools or a willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of SEO keyword research and analysis a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Avid reader of SEO and other digital marketing blogs
What We Provide
- Exceptional health & dental insurance with flexible company-paid plans
- 401K with company match
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunity
Please email email@example.com for all inquiries.