Data Engineer, Analytics
At acKnowledge Digital Marketing, we pride ourselves in being a true extension of our clients. We do this by offering innovative marketing strategies fine-tuned to the brand’s DNA, backed by data, and through a large ecosystem of technologies that drives our pursuit of all things digital.
AKDM’s extensive offering spans SEO, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile App Marketing, Creative, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling.
Our portfolio includes a great mix of well-known brands and innovative startups such as: Opening Ceremony, TUMI, Giphy, A&E Networks, Lifetime TV, History, Ripple Foods, Sakara, Bliss Spa, Tablet Hotels, Related Properties, Armani Exchange, goop, Caudalie, Veronica Beard, and many more.
About The Role
As a Data Engineer, designing and implementing data solutions doesn’t intimidate you. You thrive in this role when you’re able to learn new technologies, collaborate with teams across disciplines, and help establish a data-driven culture of measurement. Your innovations to maintaining and expanding our ecosystem of data pipelines provides the basis for many crucial downstream processes; complex analysis, data products, and digital marketing performance measurement.
- Collaborate closely with our marketing team to understand and accurately integrate marketing and analytics data sources into new tables for measuring customer acquisition
- Combine structured and unstructured data sets to be used for analysis in business intelligence tools
- Assist with the design of the core data vocabulary used for analyzing user activity, and enforce consistency across platforms
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality and performance
- Design and manage the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse
- Produce high quality technical documentation, such as a data dictionary
- Support training on metrics and self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture
- Work with various team and executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of data engineering experience with a focus on digital advertising or ad tech space
- Experience with open source databases such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Advanced SQL skills (MySQL and/or Postgres), familiarity with data warehousing, data architecture, data integrity, data standardization, and dimensional modeling
- Proven critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Passionate about data and software engineering
- Ready to be part of a tight-knit, growing team; ambitious, can work independently as well as collaboratively and possess interpersonal skills
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools, including Tableau, PowerBI, or Data Studio
- Experience with data-driven documents (D3.js) or statistical analysis software ®
- Experience version control (Git) and containers (Docker)
- Experience with applications like Salesforce, Google Analytics, or Pardo
What We Offer
- 100% paid health & dental insurance
- FSA Healthcare / Dependant Care
- FSA Transit
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Deferred retirement savings plan with company matching program
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Flexible work from home
- Pet-friendly environment
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Culture that fosters employee growth and development
Please email email@example.com for all inquiries.