Data Analyst, Analytics
New York City-based company acKnowledge Digital is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team.
Who we are
Founded in 2012, acKnowledge (AKDM) is a New York City-based Digital Marketing agency that helps businesses grow and brands evolve with a strategy-first approach to digital. We provide value to our customers through elite service, measured intelligence, and accountable strategy & execution. The services we provide span across each touchpoint in the digital marketing ecosystem. No two strategies are the same. We develop marketing plans and research that are as unique as a signature and align properly with a brand’s DNA.
AKDM’s extensive offering spans SEO, Digital Strategy, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile Marketing, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling.
Our roster includes a great mix of well-known brands and innovative startups such as: A&E Networks, Tablet Hotels, GIPHY, Opening Ceremony, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Veronica Beard, Wusthof, RELATED and many more.
About The Role
As a Data Analyst, quantifying and visualizing user behavior doesn’t intimidate you. You thrive in this role when you’re able to analyze data across a wide variety of platforms, collaborate with teams across disciplines, and help establish a data-driven culture of measurement. Your passion for transforming key user actions that directly impact ROI into visual narratives provides the basis for many crucial downstream processes; complex analysis, data products, and measurement of digital marketing performance.
- Create, measure, and analyze various KPIs from large data sets across disparate data sources to inform decisions and support recommendations across the company.
- Build a measurement framework across clients to measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Prepare visualizations with concise summaries of findings to assess the progress of new business and marketing decisions to a wide audience.
- Work closely with each marketing department to understand, solve, and anticipate their data needs.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality, and performance
- Foster a culture of transparency, act as the main liaison between other departments to ensure data accuracy and uniform understanding of key metrics.
- Train and support the development of educational training materials for colleagues in the use of self-service data exploration and visualization tools.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics or other related quantitative fields and experience.
- 1+ years of work experience using SQL, familiarity with data warehousing, data architecture, data integrity, data standardization, and dimensional modeling.
- 1+ years of work experience using open source databases such as Redshift or BigQuery.
- 1+ years of work experience with data visualization tools, including Tableau, PowerBI, or Data Studio.
- Proven critical thinking, analytical problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to bridge the gap between technology and business management.
- Ready to be part of a tight-knit, growing team; ambitious, can work independently as well as collaboratively and possess interpersonal skills.
- You have experience working in marketing or advertising.
- Passionate about statistical inference, experimental design, and analytics bias.
- Experience data warehousing and some background in data science.
- You think like a designer, design with your audience in mind and every element in your design has a purpose.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Working knowledge of analytics and marketing tracking.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages or tools used for data analysis such as R, Python, SPSS, Stata or other related tools.
What We Provide
- Medical, dental and vision individual plan covered 100% by AKDM and 80% Dependent Care
- Option to join our 401k plan after 1 month of employment with company match
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunity
Please email [email protected] for all inquiries.