Associate Director, SEO Strategy
This client-facing role primarily includes presenting SEO recommendations and materials to wide-ranging client teams from C-level executives to engineers, articulating SEO tactics and overall strategy, managing client relationships and ensuring client goals are consistently surpassed.
You’d be instrumental in maintaining and growing the SEO business at AKDM. Ensuring client satisfaction with existing projects to encourage renewal engagements, outlining the strategic direction of client campaigns and ensuring the SEO department at AKDM is completely in tune with client objectives.
Do you have a creative mindset you’d like to see appreciated and get paid for it? We’re looking for a unique individual to join our team as a full-time Associate Director of Search Engine Optimization Strategy to help our clients improve their sites’ rank & visibility in search engines based on the overall objectives of the site.
Who we are
Founded in 2012, acKnowledge Digital Marketing (AKDM) is a New York City-based Digital Marketing agency that helps businesses grow and brands evolve with a strategy-first approach to digital. We provide value to our customers through elite service, measured intelligence, and accountable strategy & execution. The services we provide span across each touchpoint in the digital marketing ecosystem. No two strategies are the same. We develop marketing plans and research that are as unique as a signature and align properly with a brand’s DNA.
AKDM’s extensive offering spans SEO, Digital Strategy, Social Media, Display Planning, Analytics & Insights, SEM/PPC, Mobile Marketing, Business Intelligence, & Projection Modeling.
Our roster includes a great mix of well-known brands and innovative startups such as: VICE, A&E Networks, Lifetime TV, HISTORY Channel, Tablet Hotels, GIPHY, Opening Ceremony, Newsday, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Veronica Beard, Wusthof, RELATED and many more.
- Expert in the field of SEO: Editorial & Technical strategy, site relaunches, new site designs, troubleshooting organic traffic anomalies, etc.
- Eloquently articulate complex strategy and tactics in easy-to-understand terms
- Communicate specific technical details to clients’ advanced engineering personnel
- Must be capable of ad-hoc problem solving on the fly
- Thoroughly understand Client business objectives and meeting action items to help direct internal SEO team members to execute future tasks accordingly
- Conduct regular content audits of client websites to identify key areas of success based on client business objectives and user needs to inform content creation
- Perform technical site audits, competitive/keyword research and content analysis on an on-going basis
- Prepare and produce monthly reports on organic search performance for client KPIs
- Assist with preparation of ad-hoc reports analyzing site issues or trends
- Play an integral role in communicating with internal account stakeholders on a regular basis
- Stay up to date with search marketing trends and news which impact client verticals to ensure ongoing optimization is in-line with defined strategies
- Conduct phone call/screen shared presentations of SEO deliverables for Client team members, including C-level, marketing, engineering, design, editorial and other key stakeholders
- Managing a range of clients in various industry verticals
- Monitoring and communicating performance trending towards client KPI goals
- Producing monthly, quarterly and yearly performance reviews for clients that recap recent work, identify new opportunities, and outline any resulting changes in strategic direction
- Setting up and leading weekly client status calls and ensuring that all materials are collected and distributed in advance
- Ensuring that key insights are outlined in advance of status calls, and a concise summary of performance against client objectives and KPIs is provided
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and select vendors, and providing timely responses to requests
- Anticipating client questions or concerns in regard to client objectives and needs
- Expert in the field of SEO
- Amazing communication skills, both written and verbal
- Content or publishing background preferred. Experience thinking about creative approaches to stories and stories focusing on the reader’s interests
- Ability to place yourself in various audience mindsets to uncover different interests to help build editorial strategy
- Ability to use SEO-relevant data to transform data sets into actionable insights and develop tactical next steps to drive organic traffic and conversions for clients
- Experience using a variety of SEO tools including Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Moz tools, URL Profiler, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Experience using Google Analytics or a similar reporting platform
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of website technologies (AngularJS, React, HTML5) and CMS environments (WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Magento) a plus
- Exceptional Keynote/PowerPoint Skills, use of G docs – ability to articulate strategy via contextual and visual slides
- Knowledge of advanced Excel tools including pivot tables, vlookup formulas, tables & graphs a plus
- 4-Year College degree (Marketing, Writing or Business preferred)
- 7+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience is required
- Creative thinker, assertive problem solver and a solid collaborator
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Avid reader of SEO and other digital marketing blogs
What We Provide
- Exceptional health & dental insurance with flexible company-paid plans
- 401K with company match
- Annual bonuses (Based on company performance)
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Young and exciting culture and group atmosphere
Please email [email protected] for all inquiries.